Steevenson’s toys were *just* the motivation I needed to fiiiinally get some shelves inside our built-in cabinetry in the living room. It was a super simple project. First, we used some left over wood to make cleats:
Then, we used some inexpensive plywood as the shelves. We tacked 1x2s to the front of each one to make them look a little chunkier, and then stuck some Stikwood to the front of each so that they’d look like the front and side of the cabinet:
Next, I painted the shelves (and dry-brushed the Stikwood) Light French Gray by Sherwin-Williams:
Oh my goodness, it’s SO nice not having all those boxes on the hearth anymore! 😀
Last but not least, here’s a short video I posted on Instagram the day we were putting it all together:
If you have any questions about this project, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment below. I’m happy to answer!
Have a great weekend, friends!
Get My Free E-book: 15 Common Decorating Mistakes And How You Can Avoid Them
Enter your email to download my free e-book instantly! 🙂