“Food fosters fellowship. When you share a meal, you are sharing a slice of life.”
Jay Wolf, Pastor at First Baptist Church in Montgomery, Alabama
Katie, Steevenson and I decided to give Betsy Baker’s strawberry cake recipe a whirl yesterday afternoon.
Katie said she hadn’t ever met a Betsy Baker down at First Baptist church, but we found her strawberry cake recipe in the same ‘First Family Favorites‘ cook book that features a handful of Katie’s recipes too.
It’s almost bedtime here now so I need to make the short and sweet (no pun intended), but if you’re reading this in the morning or on a weekend, do yourself a favor and make this strawberry cake. Go preheat the oven now. Seriously.
Mmm, mmm good! And Pastor Jay is right: when you share a
meal cake with Katie and Steevenson, you are most certainly sharing a sweet, sweet slice of life. 🙂
Have any yummy recipes to share? By all means, holler in the comment section if so!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (10 oz) frozen strawberries
- 3/4 c. canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 small box strawberry Jell-O
- (10 oz) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 box confectioners sugar
- Cake: Pour cake mix in large mixing bowl. Add strawberries with juice and mix. Add oil. Add 1 egg at a time, beating 2 minutes after each. Add Jell-O, mixing well. Pour into greased and lightly floured pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until top springs back at touch.
- Frosting: Drain juice from strawberries. Melt butter and mix well with sugar and strawberries. Spread over cake when cool.