Lettered Cottage – Guest Bedroom Reveal
After lots of sweat equity, our guest bedroom is finally ready for it’s close up!
Here’s the breakdown…
- I used a very fine, netted drape on each side of the windows in the room. I wanted to created a breezy look, and see-thru panels did just the trick. ($4.99/pair at Ikea)
– The large, cream-colored cotton area rug on the floor beneath the bed is also from Ikea. ($39.99)
- The oar hanging above the bed is from World Market. ($19.99)
- The matchstick blinds are from Lowes. ($9/ea)
- Curtain rods are from Walmart. ($5.92 per rod)
- I picked up the bedside table at a flea market, ($25) and the ticking stripe driftwood sailboat is from WhiteFlowerFarmhouse.com. ($22)
- The wicker plant stand I’m using as storage for extra pillows and blankets was a gift from my Mom. She bought it at Eastbrook Flea Market in Montgomery, Alabama for $25.
- The starfish strand hanging on the wall is from HomeGoods. ($7.99) I love the navy and natural-colored twisted rope!
- The black metal fan in the window was purchased a long time ago at TJ Maxx. ($9.99)
Remember the vintage Big Ben alarm clock I got at Eastbrook Flea Market for $1?
Turns out it does work! Yay!
The bed belonged to Kevin’s parents, and all I had to do was paint on some of the same black I used on our Kitchen cabinets. To give it a distressed look, I simply scraped parts of it off with my fingernail before it dried…
The (Pottery Barn) bedding was all purchased on eBay. The quilt is “Blue and White Ticking”. The accent pillows are “Kristine”, and the lumbar pillow is something with the word “Sripe” in it. (Sorry! I can’t remember the exact name!) The white euro shams are “Pick-Stitch”.
We hung a collection of framed photos and quotes on the planked wood wall next to the bed.
Last but not least, here’s a video we shot last year…the day we uncovered our planked wood walls.
And that’s it! I can’t wait for my Mom to come up on Wednesday and see it!