Have you ever had banana pudding from made from scratch? That’s how Kevin’s mom makes it and it is deeeelish!
It’s a super easy, Southern favorite and if you haven’t tried it you absolutely must give it a whirl. Here’s the easy peasy recipe:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 separated eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla flavoring
- 1 box of Nilla vanilla wafers
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- Mix flour, salt and sugar in a small pot over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add milk in slowly and keep stirring for 15 minutes, until thickened.
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl and then stir into mixture stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla flavoring.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with vanilla wafers, sliced bananas and custard mixture in layers.
- Repeat layers, ending with custard on top.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar and whip until it peaks.
- Spread on top of custard and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until peaks are brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Can be served warm or after refrigeration.
Happy Tuesday, y’all!