Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I thought I’d share a creamy cranberry salad recipe we had fun making in Katie’s kitchen. It’s super simple and oh-so-delicious!
First, chop up 3 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries, and 1 medium-sized apple…
Put them in a large bowl and then add 20 ounces of crushed pineapple (drained) and 2 cups of miniature marshmallows…
Next, mix in 1/2 cup of sugar (or Splenda to equal 1/2 cup of sugar) and 1 cup of coconut…
Last but not least, mix in 1/4 cup of (chopped) pecans or walnuts, then cover and store in the refrigerator over night. Before serving, fold in 8 ounces of Cool Whip.
If you’d like to print out or save this recipe, just click on the buttons below:
- 3 c. fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 c. mini marshmallows
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. coconut (optional)
- 1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, pineapple, apple, marshmallows, coconut and sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, fold in Cool Whip and pecans or walnuts.
Next week, Kev’s looking forward to sharing a recipe that’s been in the Palmer family since he was a little boy. (And I’m looking forward to eating it!)